Lotus, broccoli and lily bulbs
2pcs organic red dates
350g organic broccoli
250g lotus root
- INGREDIENTS (seasonings)
1 tsp Sunria roasted bamboo salt
1/2 tsp organic cane sugar
1 tsp Earthist organic light soy sauce
1 tsp shoyu
1 tbsp arrow root powder
- Soak lily bulbs for 30 minutes, then steam or boil it for 15 minutes and set aside.
- Deseed and dice the red dates then set aside.
- Thinly slice the lotus roots & carrots, cut the broccoli into small florets and separate stem and florets.
- Blanch the lotus roots and broccoli stems for about 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add in broccoli florets and sliced carrots, blanch all together for another 3-5 minutes.
- DIRECTIONS (sauce)
- Lightly pan fry the diced red dates in a oiled pan under low heat and set aside to be used later on.
- Put in all the seasonings. Mix the arrow root powder with some water until fully dissolved, then add into the pan to thicken up the sauce.
- Add in all the blanched vegetables, together with the lily bulbs.
- Drizzle a few drops of toasted sesame oil and add in the lightly fried red dates together with cashew nuts. Serve while hot, enjoy!